This particular release comes just a week after the release of iOS 10.1, which introduced the new Camera Portrait mode for iPhone 7 Plus as well as a slew of security fixes, and predominantly includes bug fixes and platform improvements.
It didn’t take long for users to come to the conclusion that Apple’s iOS 10.1 release may have fixed a number of concerns, but that it also caused some issues, specifically for those who regularly used Apple’s own Health app. They were quick to let Apple know that iOS 10.1 deleted activity, sleep and nutrition data from their devices.
As is always the case, when the issue was discovered, Apple’s own support pages, as well as social media and multiple online forums, were full of disgruntled individuals thankful for the fixes within iOS 10.1, but also extremely unhappy about this missing Health data. Apple’s response to those issues was the prompt release of iOS 10.1.1, which puts minds to rest about the fact that Health data wasn’t actually deleted, but more just hidden from iOS 10.1 for one reason or another:
This update fixes bugs including an issue where Health data could not be viewed for some users.
It’s currently unclear if this latest release contains any additional fixes, or even more, any actual feature improvements that users can interact with. Given how quickly it has been turned around without a beta, and the fact that it’s a minor point on release, the likelihood is that it’s been rushed through quality assurance purely to fix this Health data bug that’s been affecting a growing number of users.
Anyone running a previous version of iOS, and who has been experiencing the aforementioned issue, can grab the latest iOS 10.1.1 update from the Software Update mechanism on a compatible iPhone, iPad or iPod touch right now, or through direct IPSW download and update via iTunes.
This may not have been a highly widespread bug affecting all users with Health data logged against their account, but it’s still extremely comforting to see Apple reacting so quickly to resolve an issue.
iOS 10.1.1 IPSW Direct Download Links:
- iPhone 7 (iPhone9,1)
- iPhone 7 Plus (iPhone9,2)
- iPhone 7 (iPhone9,3)
- iPhone 7 Plus (iPhone9,4)
- iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6 Plus – iPhone_5.5_10.1.1_14B100_Restore.ipsw
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 – iPhone_4.7_10.1.1_14B100_Restore.ipsw
- iPhone SE – iPhoneSE_10.1.1_14B100_Restore.ipsw
- iPhone 5s – iPhone_4.0_64bit_10.1.1_14B100_Restore.ipsw
- iPhone 5, iPhone 5c – iPhone_4.0_32bit_10.1.1_14B100_Restore.ipsw
iOS 10 download links for iPad
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (WiFi)
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (Cellular)
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro (WiFi)
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro (Cellular)
- iPad Air 2 (6th generation WiFi)
- iPad Air 2 (6th generation Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi + Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi)
- iPad Air (5th generation CDMA)
- iPad (4th generation CDMA)
- iPad (4th generation GSM)
- iPad (4th generation WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi + Cellular)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (CDMA)
- iPad mini 3 (China)
- iPad mini 3 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 3 (Cellular)
- iPad mini 4 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 4 (Cellular)