With support for all media types including video, audio and photographic content, PowerDVD is your all-purpose entertainment station. Enjoy media on PC, mobile devices, home networks, from the cloud, and even social networks. In the NEW PowerDVD 15, enhanced audio-visual quality, extended file format support, improved functionality, refinements to the user interface, and more, enhance a wide range of digital media experiences.
- TrueTheater® technology and smart buffering algorithms provide a smoother, richer visual and acoustic experience for movies and videos.
- Intelligently analyzes video footage and optimizes hues and
vibrancy, creating a true-to-life viewing experience. TrueTheater Color
recognizes skin tones in footage and applies only subtle adjustments to
these areas in order to achieve improvements while retaining authentic
Watch the video below to see it in action!
- Bass boosting provides a cinema-like sound experience
- Vocal range amplification, makes speech crisper and more audible
- Reverb engagement creates a virtual surround sound effect
- Volume amplification to boost audio performance in environments with high levels of ambient noise such as aircrafts, trains, cars, offices, etc.
- PowerDVD’s intelligent media buffering engine means that you no longer have to deal with stuttery, stop-start video playback especially when you’re streaming video from a NAS device. Advanced preloading techniques let PowerDVD analyze and retrieve additional playback data so that your media playback is not interrupted even if the connection to your storage device is degraded.
- PowerDVD ensures smoother, lag-free playback of Ultra HD 4K video, even when played on big screen Ultra HD TVs.
- With overlay rendering PowerDVD is able to better render video in accordance with the monitor it is being played on. When PowerDVD detects a 4K video file and a 4K monitor, Overlay Mode is automatically engaged to optimize the rendering pipeline and reduce the graphic resource load, delivering smooth, lag-free playback.
- Enjoy bit-perfect high definition audio output thanks to WASAPI Exclusive Mode technology, and intelligent audio device configuration.
- By configuring audio devices to match the source format, PowerDVD is able to provide bit-perfect lossless audio playback for even more audio formats such as ALAC, FLAC, MP3 and WMA. This allows you to enjoy the optimum lossless audio experience for more media, including movies, home video and music discs or soundtracks.
- PowerDVD is the only movie and media player to support WASAPI Exclusive Mode technology. This allows PowerDVD to have exclusive access to your system’s speakers, blocking non-critical system sounds, and eliminate other annoying audio interruptions, letting you sit back and truely savor your audio-visual movie experience.
- PowerDVD’s new “Video Scene Selector” feature lets you to select a section of any video to “bookmark”, so favorite scenes can be quickly revisited. Additionally, users can rip audio direct from any video file, allowing for songs or entire soundtracks to be saved as MP3 or AAC files.
- Lossless pass-through for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio
- Support for HDMI 1.4 for multi-channel high definition audio
- Enjoy cinematic soundtracks with 7.1 channel audio
- Expand 2-channel audio to 6.1 channel sound with Dolby Digital EX
- Enjoy all your media, no matter the format. Now enjoy the latest H.265 playback, and watch Blu-ray or DVD ISO files direct from PowerDVD.
- PowerDVD 15 now offers convenient direct playback of Blu-ray and DVD ISO files, either directly from the PC or via a network-connected drive. No additional mounting tools are required.
- New hardware acceleration support for Intel Haswell and NVIDIA Kepler processors enables PowerDVD to share the workload during movie playback between hardware and software components. This leads to reduced power consumption, and as a result, longer battery life, and flawless playback of all H.265 and H.264 video files, without stutter and lag issues.
- PowerDVD supports a wide range of video, audio, and image file
formats, meaning that you can play virtually any media you desire.
Supporting the latest in video formats and codecs, as well as offering unparalleled audio format support, PowerDVD 15 stands alone when it comes to providing the most all-around entertainment experience for the home theater or PC/laptop.
- PowerDVD’s smart rendering technology allows you to playback 120/240 fps video, which you can now record on the latest iPhone and GoPro devices. By automatically detecting the refresh rate of your monitor, PowerDVD is able to adjust its decoding and rendering algorithms to produce playback that is smoother than other open-source and commercial media players.
- Always resume watching your favourite TV series from where you left off. PowerDVD is easily customized, so that you can have the look & feel you desire.
- Customization options let you tailor PowerDVD to your needs. Hide Media Panel tabs – such as the Home Media (DLNA) or Online Media – to streamline the interface. You can also tailor your player’s background wallpaper, selecting from a range of preset graphics, your own personal image collections, or download wallpapers from CyberLink’s MoovieLive.
- The next time your movie or TV show marathon is interrupted, you won’t need to worry about remembering where you stopped watching. Whenever you watch movies, TV series, and even view photo albums, PowerDVD will automatically remember where you finished up, and resume at the point where you last stopped watching.
- Stream YouTube or your personal CyberLink Cloud videos with PowerDVD and enhance them using TrueTheater technology. You can pin the videos, and watch them offline whenever you want.
- Pin (download) YouTube videos to play offline
- Play pinned videos in fast-forward or slow-mo
- Group your favorite music videos as a playlist
- Upscale YouTube content to HD on-the-fly with TrueTheater HD
- Watch 2D YouTube videos in 3D with TrueTheater 3D
- Supports YouTube’s “Watch Later” list function
- PowerDVD 15 Ultra comes with 20GB of FREE cloud storage for the 1st year. You can easily manage your content from PowerDVD or from the CyberLink Cloud web interface. With your media stored in the cloud, you can access and stream your content to any PC with PowerDVD.